RESCUED!!

I am an Artist and Writer. As a survivor of many storms in life, I
have learned to appreciate every day.  How precious it is to have
a true friend. I lived the first part of my life without GOD and can
tell you from my heart that with HIM, is the only way to reach
your true, full potential as a human being. There are spiritual
secrets that you can not obtain without a friendship with the ONE
True GOD.
I have
the privilege of being married
to my very best friend and true soul
mate. We have six wonderful
children to love. Being a mom is the
most rewarding role in my life. The
children are my friends, my
challenge, my priority, my joy. Every
day is like a gift to me.
I think that I appreciate life soooo
much because it hasn't always been
great. It's been a bumpy road for
me along the way.
I am a survivor. Many circumstances throughout my life have left
me experiencing the sting of abuse. At times, still being able to
breathe.... was success. Here is something about the path that
has led me to this place.
I was completely lonely by the time I reached adolescence. I felt
a deep sense of some supernatural force that could be grasped.
I wanted to figure out life and be in control. Most of all... I
wanted to feel loved.
I fell into the wrong kind of lifestyle. The "wild kind" that parents
fear most of all. I was also involved with astrology, tarot cards,
séances, etc. All this, in search of filling a void in my life. I
found power in these things and yet I still felt emptiness.
When I was 18, a remarkable experience happened in my life.
Through it, I came to the realization that GOD is Real. Up until
that time, I had sincerely believed that GOD, satan, and all
religious ideas were fictitious. Made up. Man made.
I discovered that there IS a supernatural power . . . GOD. HE is
not to be grasped... rather, HE needs for us to humble ourselves
enough for HIM to grasp us. I learned that GOD truly loves
me...beyond my understanding.
Out of simple faith, I sincerely prayed for the very first time.
"JESUS... I was told that YOU love me. That you Love me so
much that you died to make a way that I could go to Heaven. If
that is true... I want to follow YOU. I know that I need your
forgiveness in my life.  I want YOU to be my LORD. Please show
me the Way to go."
From that day on, HE has proven Himself to me over and over
again. HE completely changed my heart and attitude.
It is as though we have this emptiness in our Spirit at birth. We all
search in our own directions...needing to fill it in order to feel
complete.
There is only ONE thing that will fill that void.. that emptiness in
us. It is GOD Himself. When we are willing to follow HIM... to
give Him respect in our lives, HE will give us true fulfillment. He
actually comes in and dwells with our Spirit, to guide, comfort,
direct and protect us.
I have experienced many hardships, physically, spiritually and
emotionally.... yet in my darkest hours, I have NEVER been left
alone. GOD has made HIS presence known to me. HE has also
provided the love and support of family and some very close
friends.
GOD has guided and strengthened me through many
experiences.
The healing of my hurtful childhood.
Escape from the destruction and emptiness of drugs, alcohol and
promiscuity.
Suffering through years of serious illness and into the experience
of physical healing.
The anguish of a previous abusive marriage and divorce, when
that marriage failed.
Learning to heal from years of inner wounds that came from this
experience.
The loss of many close friends and learning to walk in
forgiveness.
Learning to pick up the pieces.
The struggles of being a single mom.
Helping me to help my children heal from the wounds of these
experiences.
Through all of these things, never did I feel that GOD had left
me.  Rather... HE carried me in those times.
I know that even when death comes my way, in HIS Loving Arms,
I will remain for Eternity. What comfort is found in the Truth of
GOD. It requires simple FAITH.
How many people exercise even MORE faith to believe that we
exist as the result of an accidental BOOM?
I would never want to experience life without GOD. I would be
missing out on so much. Many people are just "winging it"
through life... hoping that it all comes out okay.
We don't need to just "hope." We can KNOW.
Christianity is not a "crutch." It's a freedom and peace that goes
beyond our human understanding. It's an investment in our future
because Life is not just about what is here on earth.
We spend so much time preparing for our future. We think about
and plan our education, our career, our finances, our children's
education, our retirement. We need to invest time in our eternity.
Our lives don't end with death. Shouldn't we at least be thinking
about that part of our future?
Choosing to follow GOD, doesn't guarantee that your life will then
be trouble free. We are now living in a sin stricken world. HE
does promise us that HE will NEVER leave us once we have given
our heart to HIM.
GOD doesn't make His Love tricky or confusing. You don't need to
know a certain language, be a certain age, walk a certain way or
go to a certain church.  In fact, what I am speaking of has
nothing to do with "church." ("Church" is just a group of people
choosing to get together).
All that GOD requires of us is to come to Him in honesty and
respect. HE wants us to realize that we do not measure up to
Holiness on our own. We need His Grace and Forgiveness.
He wants us to give HIM consideration, priority and honor with
our hearts. Just as any parent would want of their children. This
decision leads to personal fulfillment and freedom that we cannot
experience any other way.
GOD reaches into our deepest needs. There is nothing too
complicated for HIM to break through.  He already knows where
we are and what we have done. We come to Him, as we are.
This is one of God's messages to us from the Bible:
“If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us
our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. If we claim we
have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and His Word has
no place in us.” 1 John 1:9-10
One of the most important ways to grow spiritually is through
Bible Study. Reading God's Word is strengthening and studying
scripture is powerful. Talk to Him. He wants to hear from us.
Good and Bad. HE will listen and HE cares.
I have so much to Thank GOD for.
          By NANCY DAVIS

No comments:

Post a Comment